Are you in a Great Streets Corridor? Check the Great Streets Lookup Map here.
Does your business fit the following qualifications?
- Does your business promote foot traffic?
- Has your business's average annual revenue been under one million dollars for the past three years?
- Is your business service-oriented or retail-oriented?
Do you have the following documents? (This is list is not exhaustive. DMPED reserves the right to request additional information and/or documentation for the application and/or potential award process).
- Basic Business License from the Department of Licensing and Consumer Protection (DLCP)
- "Good standing" status with the Internal Revenue Services (IRS), Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR), and Department of Employment Services (DOES)
- Clean Hands certificate from the Department of Licensing and Consumer Protection (DLCP)
- Evidence of site control of business's location for at least two years through a lease (with an active lease with least two years remaining) or ownership documentation (mortgage or deed).
- Property and liability insurance
- Required Financial Documents Statement
- Project Description and Budget
- Business Financial Statements - Income Statements and Balance Sheets for the last three years for the business and all affiliates.
- Interim Business Financial Statements that are current within ninety (90) days of application filing date.
- Business plan, if the business has been in revenue generating operation for less than three years.
- Financial projections for the next 12 months
It will be helpful to familiarize yourself with DC Department of Employment Services First Source Program.
The First Source Law requires all beneficiaries of contractual agreements totaling $300,000 or more are required to enter into a First Source Employment Agreement with the Department of Employment Services.
DC Department of Employment Services, First Source Program: https://does.dc.gov/page/first-source-employment-program-