REQUEST FOR APPLICATION (RFA)
Release Date: January 23, 2023
Grant Identification No.: DMPED – FY23 GSRET
Submission Deadline: March 10, 2023 at 5:00 PM (ET).
The Great Streets Retail Small Business Grant is the hallmark grant opportunity for the Great Streets program. The grant has helped hundreds of small businesses renovate their storefront to attract new customers and drive profitability. The purpose of the grant is to support existing small businesses, attract new businesses, and transform designated commercial corridors into thriving and inviting neighborhood centers.
Request for Application (RFA) - Click here to view
To be considered for funding, applicants must apply online at the Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development GrantVantage Online Application Portal.
For the application process, applicants will submit proposals using the online grant management system at: GrantVantage - Application Process.
- Applications will be submitted online through the GrantVantage system. Applicants will be required to follow a series of steps to submit their application: Applicant Instructions for GrantVantage
- Create an Applicant Profile
- Answer applicant questions
- Applicants will send technical support questions to GrantVantage at [email protected]. Technical assistance will be available during business hours 9:00 am - 6:00 pm EST.
- For questions about the grant content, applicants will submit questions to [email protected].
- Have a business that is located within or along the border of a Great Street corridor
- Be in Good Standing with the DC Department of Licensing and Consumer Protection (DCLP), the DC Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR), the DC Department of Employment Services (DOES), and the federal Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Have an active Basic Business License
- Evidence of site control
- Possess proof of property and liability insurance
- Understand the scope of the proposed project (including timeline, costs, project management, and potential impact to the business, corridor, and community
- Have financial records readily available
- Must have a project budget and financial projections
How much does the grant award? Awards will range up to $80,000.
What can the grant money be used for? Storefront renovations, equipment purchases and technology enhancements to support e-commerce.
Are you located in one of the Great Streets Corridors? Insert your business address in the interactive mapping tool to verify.
- How do I know if my business is eligible for the Great Streets Small Business Retail Grant? Click here.
- FY23 Great Streets Retail Small Business Grant Application Checklist
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
To see if you are Great Streets Ready, please click here.
For all other questions, email [email protected].